Inside Government training course online delivery: 9th & 10th February
I’ll be delivering this course with my colleague Professor Nicki Martin.
The Universal Design for Learning Training Course will offer comprehensive support and interactive guidance on how universities can create, implement and deliver an inclusive approach to the learning experience to support improved student engagement and reduce barriers to learning for disadvantaged and disabled students.
Through expert training, the course will offer interactive discussion and solution focussed workshops to allow participants to develop their own strategy on embedding Universal Design for Learning (UDL) within their course development, teaching practices and assessment delivery.
The course will offer practical takeaways on pedagogy for course leaders and will deliver tips and guidance on how the learning experience can be transformed within your institution. The course will also explore how inclusive learning practices can evolve to meet the challenges of the Covid-19 crisis and the shift to virtual and blended learning.
- Gain an understanding of the core principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and how it can be embedded within your department or institution
- Create your strategy for designing an inclusive curriculum and course content which meets the needs of all students
- Learn how to adapt your teaching delivery to support inclusivity in the learning experience
- Develop your approach to inclusive assessment and student expression
- Evaluate how inclusive learning can be delivered to meet the demands of the virtual environment and blended learning in the Covid-19 era